Install Instructions Hivemail 1.41F
1. Explanatory Note
These instructions are for Windows servers only!
FOR CPANEL, DIRECTADMIN AND PLESK PLEASE REFER TO THE PDF DOCUMENTS ON OUR DOWNLOAD PAGE
2. Upload & Run Installer
- Upload the content of upload/ folder to a directory of choice.
- Create a new MYSQL dbase from your server admin panel.
- Rename includes/config_rename.php to config.php and edit the file:
- Enter dbase credentials
- Enter Google Recaptcha Public and Private Key.
Get them @ http://www.google.com/recaptcha/whyrecaptcha
- Adapt some permissions:
- css (directory): set to 777 (you can set back the permission to 755 when the skin files have been written by the app. You will be notified when this happens). This is not required if you're running suPHP!
- cgi-bin/upload.cgi: set to 755
- If you're installing on Windows make sure to disable the STRICT mode in MYSQL. See the KB article in Troubleshoot section.
- Now start the installer by entering
into your browser's address bar. Go through the remote installation.
The installer asks you to add custom directories and to setup the email gateway. You may want to read the Email Gateway Setup Instructions if you get stuck on these steps (see bottom of this page).
Note: If you're installing the Free Version please don't enter a license # into the license field. The system will assign you a license automatically! The license ID you get will show up in adminCP Dashboard. Note down this license ID please and use it for subsequent installations.
- When the installer is done you are presented with a link to enter adminCP. Enter your credentials in order to log you in.
- Refer to the documentation below in order to set the correct Email Gateway.
4. Setup Email Gateway
Windows installation is different from cPanel and others in this regard. Hivemail creates hMailServer mailboxes for every user and the incoming messages are piped via a vbs script.
WINDOWS HMAILSERVER PIPE METHOD
Download and install hMailServer for Windows. Hivemail only supports hMailServer MTA which is available for free.
Make sure to choose hMailServer in Hivemail adminCP 'Email Processing' | 'Email Gateway' - 'Mail Transfer Agent'
Enter the hMailServer admin password. This must be working, else Hivemail can't connect to hMailServer
To process incoming emails you need to put a vbs script into events folder in hMailServer directory. Take EventHandlers.vbs from the Hivemail archive and change the required path settings (path to php.exe if required and path to Hivemail process.php) within the file
You may want to uncomment
'Result.Value = 1
in order to pipe to script only and to not deliver the message to the corresponding hMailServer mailbox (recommended).
Hivemail is a pipe to script type of software and does not query the hMailServer boxes directly. But it still requires them to be existing as delivery to a hMailServer catchall would result in other issues. Note: Hivemail will be handling the mailboxes/aliases automatically. You do not need to set this up in hMailServer
In hMailServer admin goto Settings - Advanced - Scripts and enable the checkbox. If you modify the vbs you need to hit Reload Scripts
Put process.php above (not inside) htdocs (webroot) and enter the full correct path to Hivemail within the file: eg. C:\Zend\Apache2\htdocs
Create the 3 custom dirs (hive_message etc) above htdocs as well and reference them in Hivemail adminCP, Storage Settings (again: full path)
Now create a new mailbox in Hivemail. It should be added to hMailServer automatically. Then test the pipe setup. For each user a counterpart in hMailServer must be existing
- To change login / signup pages modify login_signup and css_login templates
- The logo can be changed by modifying css_main and css_login templates
- Don't modify the css files in /css directory directly. The files are rewritten automatically if you change the css_xyz templates.